Design professional with proven ability to produce compelling and unique creative that helps clients achieve better branding, product appeal and audience engagement. Extensive experience successfully executing art direction, concepting, production, copy correction, project time management, and client communication in a variety of industries, including: retail and consumer marketing, pharmaceuticals, and editorial and book publishing.
Blue Chip Marketing World Wide
Oct 2019 – Present
Spearheaded shopper marketing designs for accounts such as Procter & Gamble, Bausch + Lomb, White Castle, Blue Bunny, The Pioneer Woman and Merrell:
- Built and concepted motion graphics and web assets for various clients, including skin care line Olay, retail locations like Meijer and Publix, ice cream maker Blue Bunny, and shoe brand Merrell using Adobe After Effects and Photoshop.
- Concepted and designed for output to print, in-store marketing pieces like end caps, displays, aisle violators, and large format signage for Bausch + Lomb brands Biotrue and Lumify, White Castle grocery product lines, and Procter & Gamble portfolio of grocery and beauty products.
- Edited video for social media and websites for products like Chambord Liqueur, Herbal Essences hair care, and household cleaners Tide, Dawn, and Bounty.
Diana Maio Design
August 2006 – October 2019
Clients included: YMCA of the USA, Cushman & Wakefield, Pearson Education, The American Hospital Association, Continuum Clinical
Excelled at creating engaging design with quick, accurate turnaround while working with a diverse client list:
- Concepting and design for YMCA of the USA creating web banners, app landing pages, emails, large format signage, direct mail, as well as educational materials like a Medicare sign up guide.
- Strengthened membership marketing materials and created sub-brand concepts for The American Hospital Association. Creative spans both digital and print, including infographics, white papers, trade show booths.
- Created commercial real estate marketing materials for Cushman & Wakefield property listings including sales books and direct mail.
Krames StayWell (now 2 different companies, Krames and StayWell)
February 2012 – December 2013
Drove the successful art direction and design for over 20 health and wellness editorial clients across the US:
- Grew client list after only a few months of successful design leadership. High profile accounts like Henry Ford Health Systems in Detroit, and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska, North Carolina and Oregon were added.
- Expanded patient awareness of health care client services and programs via the art direction of multiple healthy lifestyle magazines, direct mail, and marketing items like web pages, and product giveaways.
- Also managed project schedules, client relationship and guidance, photoshoot direction, print file preparation, original illustration and photo manipulation using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
ISMS & ISMIE Mutual
Sr. Graphic Designer
Sept 2001 – Jan 2010
Directed design and production for two companies — Illinois State Medical Society (ISMS), a physicians’ political action organization and ISMIE Mutual, a medical practice insurer — both with unique company branding:
- For ISMS, art directed company marketing materials like billboards and web ads, election and endorsed candidate collateral, political action mailers, and campaign fundraising materials.
- For ISMIE, designed and executed legal advocacy mailers, policy-holder educational booklets, policy benefit materials, digital and print direct mail.
- Maintained and updated the brand guides for both companies, and led a creative brainstorming team, plus mentored new designers on company branding, job scheduling, print production and more.
Dec 2000 – Sept 2002
Clients included: YMCA of the USA, Moody Bible Institute, Abingdon Press
Provided art direction for a range of on-site and off-site assignments:
- Created original artwork, games, and puzzles for an ultimately best selling children’s activity book from publisher Abingdon Press, as well as designed book covers for their academic and gift divisions.
- Concepted and designed uniquely branded conference materials for Moody Bible Institute while working
on-site during a long-term contract assignment.
- Contributed on-brand direct mail and marketing materials, both digital and print, for a children’s conference while on assignment at YMCA of the USA.
United Methodist Publishing House
Graphic Designer II
June 1995 – Dec 2000
Shaped product design aimed at vastly different publishing markets:
- Took charge of the art direction, design and print production of various children’s and teen market pieces including soft and hardcover books, monthly curriculum, logos, promotional gift items and packaging.
- Awarded a new 5-part book series aimed at young adults after successful design concepts were chosen in a design department group review, then promoted from graphic designer I to graphic designer II.
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe Audition
- Adobe Animate
- Adobe Acrobat DC
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Fireworks
- Microsoft Office 365
- Animated gifs
- Art Direction
- Production Design
- Multiple Project Management
- Photoshoot Organization & Direction
- Client Customer Service
- External Vendor Direction